Monday, 9 December 2013

Benefit “They’re Real” mascara



How I discovered it: Cruising Twitter one night, I saw that one of my tweeps (I’m so sorry; I can’t remember who it was!) was trying a new mascara and posting photos of her progress. One look at her before and after when she used this mascara ensured I bought some the very next day!

What they say: “Lengthens, curls, volumizes, lifts & separates. Our jet black, long-wearing formula won’t smudge or dry out. A specially designed brush reveals lashes you never knew you had!” 

What I Say: I love this mascara – and when three people on different occasions asked if I were wearing lash extensions, I knew I had to blog about it! It gives great,dramatic lashes and is very black. I’m a contact lens wearer, and it doesn’t give me any trouble at all.

What could be improved: The application, in my opinion, is not straightforward. If you put it on straight from the tube, you’ll probably end up with gloppy lashes – but here’s the trick that worked for me (after a bit of trial and error). Always wipe the excess off the brush with a tissue before applying. Really wipe it. Then brush it on, wiggling the brush side-to-side for all you’re worth! I usually do two coats, applied quickly – coat one eye, then the other, then repeat. There’s no need to ‘refresh’ the wand in the tube. There is plenty on a wiped-off brush to do two coats on both upper and lower lashes. 

At £19.50/$23.00 (in the States they also do a mini-size that’s around $10), it’s not the cheapest mascara around (and I’m actually a fan of cheap mascara!), but I think it’s one of the best ones I’ve tried.

The verdict: Lorelei loves it!

No comments:

Post a Comment