Monday, 2 April 2012

Purse Angels Tipsyfeet foldable shoes


How I discovered them: I had an awards ceremony to go to recently (the Annie Awards in Los Angeles, if you must know), and I remembered the last time I’d worn pretty party shoes – my feet were killing me by the end of the evening! I didn't want that to happen again and, having heard rumours of foldable flats you could slip into your bag, I did an online search and came across Purse Angels.

What they say: “Ease the pain of those great nights out in your killer high heels by slipping into your Tipsyfeet after-party pumps. Discreetly carried in a small pouch, which folds out to become a useful shoulder bag for carrying your heels and other bits and bobs for the journey home.”

What I say: What a godsend! At the end of a loooong awards ceremony and several hours spent mingling while trying to manage oyster shooters and polenta-on-a-stick, my dogs were barking. We didn’t quite have to walk all the way back to our hotel, but our ‘ride’ was in a parking garage about half a mile away. A joy to slip out of the heels and into these stylish, comfy flatties. Their cunningly-designed carrying pouch opens up into a bag just the right size for toting one’s now-discarded shoes. Heaven. Added to that, they come in loads of colours – you’re sure to find something you like. 

Tip: The shoes do run a little bit small, in my opinion; if you’re at the top of a size range (S, M, L and XL), consider ordering a size up. Having read that advice on some review websites, I did – and was glad I had.

What could be improved: Even folded in their pouch they don’t fit easily into an evening bag. But that’s physics. The pouch has a wrist strap, so I just carried mine as though it were a small camera.

The verdict: Lorelei loves it!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete