Sunday, 6 November 2011

Henara Intensive Treatment Wax


How I discovered it: I was turned on to the benefits of henna products by a Mexican girlfriend who had the most fantastic hair – yes, I know that it was probably genetic, but that thick, shiny mane meant that I took her advice on all things trichological. 

What they say: “This is the original Henna treatment wax formula made from the finest ingredients. Pure Henna is extracted from Henna (Lawsonia) leaves; and makes an excellent ingredient for deep penetrating hair conditioners. It will deeply penetrate each hair shaft conditioning from root to tip. Natural classic treatment wax revitalises all hair types particularly hair which has been damaged by bleaching, perming and over-styling. Use it regularly to make your hair lustrous, stronger and beautiful to look at.”

What I say: This is a fantastic at-home spa treatment that – I think – makes a real difference to your hair. You work a blob of the thick, white cream through from roots to ends, then wrap your hair in a warm, wet towel, and leave it for half an hour, re-warming the towel as needed. It is a bit labour-intensive, but perfect for those evenings when you want to lock yourself into the bathroom for a good long soak (candles and glass of wine optional!). At around £5 (I’ve seen it as cheap as £2.99) for a 400g jar, it has the advantage of being fantastically cheap – it’s a great product for the price. I would say that this isn’t a treatment for making your hair sleek and soft (see my post on Phytojoba for that) – this conditions, thickens and builds body. I always take a bit of extra care with the blowdry after a henna wax treatment to make sure my hair is smooth. As a once a week or once a month treatment, I can’t recommend it enough.

What could be improved: My only tiny quibble is the smell. It doesn’t have a strong scent, but there’s a smoky under-smell that I’m not crazy about - but I just blend in a little blob of Molton Brown’s hippie-ish Indian Cress conditioner, which makes it all smell a bit like a head shop in the 60s. Lovely.

The verdict: Lorelei loves it!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you are facing hair loss Problem please visit, Hair Transplant In Delhi

    ReplyDelete