Monday, 13 June 2011

TommyGuns Sage and Basil Shampoo

How I discovered it: I was waiting in an annoyingly long and winding queue at Waitrose, reading shampoo bottles to pass the time. This one caught my eye.

What they say: “For combination/oily/confused hair & scalp. Active ingredients include Sage to refresh, cleanse and control the excess oil on your hair & scalp. Basil for mild cleansing, balancing the oil in your hair to give body and lustre. This very special stimulating shampoo is clever & kind to both your hair & scalp.” 

What I Say: If you use a lot of conditioners, serum and products in your hair, every once in awhile it’s good to use a clarifying shampoo – this one may be designed for oily and ‘confused’ hair, but it also does a great deep cleanse for normal hair. My hair came out squeaky clean, but still in good condition.

The shampoo is a treat for the senses, too; it has a very strong sage scent, which I love – smells a bit like someone smoking dope in a pine forest - and the simple packaging, with its jewel-coloured contents, looks great in my minimalist bathroom. I know TommyGuns have good salons (I used to go to the one in Beak Street to see lovely Sean – one of the best cutters in London!), and if this shampoo is anything to go by, their products are excellent too. At £5.50 for 250 mls, it’s priced at the level of most ‘hairdresser’ shampoos, and it should last for ages.

The verdict: Lorelei loves it!

No comments:

Post a Comment