Wednesday, 11 May 2011

Make Up Forever HD Microfinish Powder

How I discovered it: When I’m in New York, I haunt Sephora like a ghost (I was devastated when the London branch opened and closed like a clam!) – I’m in there nearly every day. In fact, I buy so much I’m always ‘eligible’ for free samples – and a little pot of this powder came my way in November.
What they say: "A universal translucent finishing powder to be applied over foundation or worn alone. Sets the foundation and slightly mattifies skin without changing its natural contours. This 100% mineral silica powder softens the appearance of imperfections. Completely evens out the complexion for a glowing, radiant look. One universal shade for all skin tones. It's talc free formula does not dry the skin. Dermatologically tested."

What I say: In everyday life, I like the look of natural skin – but that doesn’t work so well in front of the camera...and as an actress, HD is my worst nightmare – seriously, formerly perfectly attractive people suddenly look like gargoyles – and I’m always looking for things to soften the blow of ... gulp... reality! So when I saw ‘HD’ on the label, I was keen to try this finishing powder. 

I did – and it’s fabulous. Don’t be put off by the bright, arctic white colour; it’s truly transparent once it’s on, and will suit any skin shade. (And it occurs to me that, for that reason, this would be a great product for men). The trick is to use the tiniest, tiniest amount – I’ve had my baby sample pot for months, and there’s still plenty left. Use a big, fat brush, swirl in into the teensiest pinch of powder, tap, then brush it over your foundation (or moisturiser, if you don’t wear foundation). It will give you a fantastic, velvety look – it doesn’t look super-matte or powdery. It looks like real skin – but better! It feels really light, too. You won’t know you’re wearing it.

What could be improved: Can’t think of a thing! 

The verdict: Lorelei loves it!

No comments:

Post a Comment