Friday, 24 December 2010

Christmas

How I discovered it: Two months after I was born – there it was!

What they say:The annual festival of the Christian church commemorating the birth of Jesus: celebrated on December 25 and now generally observed as a legal holiday and an occasion for exchanging presents.


What I say: Trees, baubles and lights; midnight Mass, candles and carols; ribbons, tinsel and wrapping paper; Christmas cards strung in the hallway, friends’ coats hanging on hooks, eating and drinking to excess seen as a virtue - what could be better?

What could be improved: A time machine would be nice, to take me back to the snowy, sparkly, happy, holy Christmases of my childhood – giving me the chance to spend just one more day with much-loved, much-missed family ... but failing that – it would be nice if I were to hope for gifts, not presents, and to spend as much time being grateful as I do being greedy! :o)

Oh. And ‘Christmas pudding’ could use a bit of a rethink. Seriously.

The verdict: Lorelei loves it - and wishes you everything wonderful for Christmas and the New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment