Sunday, 5 December 2010

breo ‘Roam’ Watch

How I discovered it: Delayed on the tarmac at JFK recently, I leafed through the Virgin Atlantic duty-free catalogue, and saw this adorable rubber watch. I don’t normally buy duty-free on the plane, as it never seems to me to be any cheaper – but I’d lost my watch in New York, which I think is often God’s way of saying, “Buy something new!” 

What they say: “breo®'s multi-functional Roam watch is a statement of design and quality. It is designed to the highest engineering standards and feels comfortable on the wrist under any conditions. Won the Good Design award 2008 and set to be the fastest selling wristwatch of 2009/10... Roam bands have achieved celebrity status in both the sport and fashion world, and are a unique, low cost purchase. So, if you are an extreme sports enthusiast, a glamorous high street shopper or simply want something that little bit different, trust in breo®..”

What I say: This is a really cute, fun watch – light, made of rubber, it has a simple face with two numbers (the hour and the minutes), one over the other. It comes in three sizes. Not sure what size mine is, but I assume it’s a medium - my wrist measures 16cm, and it fits me a bit like a bangle. It comes in loads of yummy colours – I got the black one, but am going to buy the glow in the dark version, too! I think they’d look great stacked.

What could be improved: Not good if you’re allergic to latex, but can’t think of any other negatives at the moment. Only time will tell how durable it is! At £10 I’m happy to take a punt... And speaking of the price: I wish Virgin Atlantic would stop pretending it’s a duty-free price – in fact, it’s one penny less on the breo site, and only £6.99 on Amazon.

The verdict: Lorelei loves it!

No comments:

Post a Comment