Friday, 26 November 2010

Mario Badescu Elasto-Seamollient Hand Cream


How I discovered it: When I was in New York a couple of years ago and looking for a really good facial, a friend said that the place to go was Mario Badescu on East 52nd Street. The facial was fantastic! Better yet, I discovered Mario Badescu's fantastic, super-reasonably-priced skincare range – and this hand cream is one of my favourite products in that range.

What they say:A unique formulation of protective Seamollient* and nourishing Vitamin E makes this thick, rich, hand cream perfect for frequently washed hands. Contains antioxidant Peanut Oil to moisturize and protect dry, chapped or cracked skin.”

What I say: I love this hand cream! I don’t agree that it’s thick - in my opinion it has quite a light texture, but it’s very moisturising and a tiny dab is all you need. At $14 for an 8 oz pot, it’s incredibly good value – the pot I bought in the spring still going strong!

What could be improved: The packaging is quite utilitarian, so if you like luxurious-looking products on your shelf, you may be disappointed. (I’m keen on the minimalist look, so it suits me fine!) My main complaint is that I can’t buy it at a more reasonable price in the UK! It is available at Harvey Nichols and from some companies online - but is not such good value.

The verdict: Lorelei loves it!

*algae extract

No comments:

Post a Comment